Zhao, Songnian, Yan Kuang, Chih-Hang Wu, David Ben-Arieh, Marcelo Ramalho-Ortigao, and Kaiming Bi. "Zoonotic visceral leishmaniasis transmission: modeling, backward bifurcation, and optimal control." Journal of mathematical biology 73, no. 6-7 (2016): 1525-1560.
- B.S. in Mathematics, Northeastern University (Shenyang), 2015
- Ph.D in Industry Engineering Operations Research, Kansas State University, 2020
- Aug 2021 - Present: Postdoctoral Researcher
- Department of Integrative Biology
- University of Texas, Austin, TX
- Supervisor: Dr.Lauren Meyers
- Aug 2020 - Aug 2021: Postdoctoral Researcher
- Division of Infectious Diseases and Global Public Health at School of Medicine
- University of California San Diego, San Diego, CA
- Supervisor: Dr.Annick Bórquez
- Aug 2015 - Jun 2020: IT administrator, Graduate Teaching Assistant, Instructor
- IMSE Department at Carl R. Ice College of Engineering
- Kansas State University, Manhattan, KS
- Supervisor: Dr.Bradley Kramer and Dr. Chih-hang (John) Wu
- June 2019 - August 2019: Data Analyst Intern
- Customer Experience group at FedEx Service
- FedEx Headquarter, Memphis, TN
- Supervisor: Deidre Thompson
- Mathematical Modeling
- Machine Learning
- Numerical Simulation
- Infectious Disease
- Drug Epidemic
- Computer Skills
- Programming: Python, Matlab, C\C++\C#, PHP
- Optimization and Machine Learning: CPLEX ILOG, LINDO, GNU Octave, Weka
- Simulation: SIMIO, Netlogo, Areana
- Statistics: Minitab, R, SAS, SPSS
Chen, Yuyang, Kaiming Bi, Songnian Zhao, David Ben-Arieh, and Chih-Hang John Wu. "Modeling individual fear factor with optimal control in a disease-dynamic system." Chaos, Solitons & Fractals 104 (2017): 531-545.
Zhao, Songnian, Yan Kuang, Chih-Hang Wu, Kaiming Bi, and David Ben-Arieh. "Risk perception and human behaviors in epidemics." IISE Transactions on Healthcare Systems Engineering 8, no. 4 (2018): 315-328.
Bi, Kaiming, Yuyang Chen, Songnian Zhao, Yan Kuang, and Chih-Hang John Wu. "Current visceral leishmaniasis research: a research review to inspire future study." BioMed research international 2018 (2018).
Modeling learning and forgetting processes with the corresponding impacts on human behaviors in infectious disease epidemics
Bi, Kaiming, Yuyang Chen, Songnian Zhao, David Ben-Arieh, and Chih-Hang John Wu. "Modeling learning and forgetting processes with the corresponding impacts on human behaviors in infectious disease epidemics." Computers & Industrial Engineering 129 (2019): 563-577.
A new evidence-based optimal control in healthcare delivery: A better clinical treatment management for septic patients
Chen, Yuyang, Kaiming Bi, Chih-Hang John Wu, and David Ben-Arieh. "A new evidence-based optimal control in healthcare delivery: A better clinical treatment management for septic patients." Computers & Industrial Engineering 137 (2019): 106010.
A Memetic Algorithm for Solving Optimal Control Problems of Zika Virus Epidemic with Equilibriums and Backward Bifurcation Analysis
Bi, Kaiming, Yuyang Chen, Chih-Hang John Wu, and David Ben-Arieh. "A Memetic Algorithm for Solving Optimal Control Problems of Zika Virus Epidemic with Equilibriums and Backward Bifurcation Analysis." Communications in Nonlinear Science and Numerical Simulation (2020): 105176.
Bi, Kaiming, Yuyang Chen, Songnian Zhao, David Ben-Arieh, and Chih-Hang John Wu. "A new zoonotic visceral leishmaniasis dynamic transmission model with age-structure." Chaos, Solitons & Fractals 133 (2020): 109622.
Bi, Kaiming, Dong Lin, Yiliang Liao, Chih-Hang Wu, and Pedram Parandoush. "Additive manufacturing embraces big data." Progress in Additive Manufacturing (2021): 1-17.
Conference Talk at David L. Lawrence Convention Center, IIE Annual Conference 2017, Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Conference at Loews Royal Pacific Resort, IIE Annual Conference 2018, Orlando, FL, USA
Conference at Phoenix Convention Center, 2018 INFORMS Annual Meeting, Phoenix, AZ, USA
Conference at The Rosen Shingle Creek, IIE Annual Conference 2019, Orlando, FL, USA
Seminar at Kansas State University, IMSE Department, Manhattan, KS, USA
Conference at Washington State Convention Center , 2019 INFORMS Annual Meeting, Seattle, WA, USA
Conference at Virtual, 83rd CPDD Annual Scientific Meeting, Virtual, USA
Awards and Honors
- Pencis Best Researcher Award: International Research Awards on Infectious Diseases, 2021
- Outstanding Dissertation Award of Carl R. Ice College of Engineering, 2020
- IISE Annual Conference Best Paper in Modeling & Simulation Track, 2018
- Golden Key Outstanding Graduate Research Assistant nominee, 2018
- Robert I-Jen and Sophia Shui-Kan Jung Graduate Scholarship, 2015
- K-State 2025 College of Engineering Scholarship, 2015
- Second Prize of China Mathematical Contest in Modeling, 2013
- First Prize of Liaoning Province Mathematical Contest in Modeling, 2013